Express Scribe is free professional audio player software for PC, Mac or Linux designed to assist the transcription of audio recordings.
A typist can install it on their computer and control audio playback using a transcription foot pedal or keyboard (with 'hot' keys). This computer transcriber application also offers valuable features for typists including variable speed playback, multi-channel control, file management and more.
Express Scribe is completely free and can be used without any restrictions. We make it free with the hope you will like it so much you will recommend our commercial digital dictation suite to others. Please visit our Dictation Software page.
- Variable speed playback (constant pitch).
- Supports many professional foot pedals which connect to the game, serial or USB port to control playback. More info...
- Uses 'hot' keys to control playback when using other software (eg. Word).
- Ability to dock both analog and digital portable recorders to load recordings.
- Works with Microsoft Word and all major word-processor applications.
- Integrates directly with Express Delegate Dictation Workflow.
- Automatically receives and loads files by internet (FTP), email or over a local computer network.
- Automatically sends typing to the person who dictated the work.
- Works with speech recognition software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking to automatically convert speech to text.
- Loads CD audio directly - start to work as it loads in the background.
- Can switch to 'mini' mode to reduce screen space.
- Integrate with dictation management systems using the Express Scribe SDK.
- Works with FastFox typing utility to turn difficult medical/legal phrases and common terms into mere shortcuts from your keyboard.
- Express Scribe is free.