Below is a list of top 5 things you should know when meeting with lawyer, selected by our editors from various online sources and own experience.
- Meeting with a lawyer is a business meeting, unless you bbq. Dress and behave as you would at a business meeting.
- Prepare for the meeting. Have your questions ready. Plan ahead.
- Attorney-client privilege means privacy. Be honest and tell the truth.
- Be ready to pay attorney fees. Not always you can be offered "pay after you win the case"
- Bring your sound recording device and record the conversation. You may want to get a transcription of your meeting.
- Ultimate advice: try to live your life in a such way - you won't need a lawyer. To sue some one is not a pleasant thing.